Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Brief Hiatus

30 hours later, we've arrived in Puri! The train was not as bad as the horror stories that had been shared with me beforehand. The passengers we sat near were very nice, the bathrooms were pretty darn clean, and we had some good time to get to know each other. I went on the trip with an older woman and another girl my age, both from Costa Rica. The older woman has been living in India for many years and has also lived in many places all over the world.

Puri is beautiful. The Sea Palace, its actual name, is gorgeous. One thing is that it's not the easiest thing to use the internet, so I don't think I'll be able to post much while I'm here. If I can, I'll try to at least put up some pictures, maybe on facebook so I can share more. That will possibly give me good reflection time and I can share when I get back to Vrindavan.

I've shared this with a few people already, but one thing I've learned here is you really can't make plans. One second you think you'll be doing one thing, and the next second life takes you in a new direction. Fortunately for me, I'm plenty prepared to go with the flow.

hugs, kisses, and delicious indian sweets,
Kayleigh

2 comments:

  1. OMG Kayleigh!!! there might be an event with Maharaji in Mumbai! It would mean the world if you would attend. Here is the website where it will be announced. I will also check it and let you know: http://www.wopg.org/en/events

    If you could check e-mail daily till we have details - it would be good for you to experience Maharji while in India.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Sorry to say but Facebook reminded me. You are 24??? I don't believe it. Bodies are transitory, no?

    ReplyDelete